Wednesday 1 August 2012

15 Days of Nails Challenge #2 Pattern

Hello Lovelies,

Today is the second day in the 15 Days of Nails Challenge and the theme is 'Pattern'.
I wanted to do something pretty but abstract at the same time. This is why I came up with this blossom design...




Now I am aware that this style of look has been done a lot before, but I thought I would try my own take on it and am rather pleased with how it turned out. Its nice and girly, but not in a sickly sweet kind of way (not that there is anything wrong with that :P)

You may recognise some of these colours from recent posts. The reason for this is I am still on holiday and have a limited amount of nail polishes to work with! Lets see if I can pull this challenge off for the next 3 days shall we without my stock:) 

As per usual I started off with two coats of OPI Nail Envy Original. For the base I used Sweet as Sugar by Rimmel, I then used my Loreal Super Liner to Draw the stems in. For the Flowers I used a mixture of Ciate's Jelly Bean and Mistress and OPI Sweet Heart along with the end of a kirby grip (as a dotting tool.) I then finished off with a coat of Seche Vite. 

So that's it folks!
I hope you are having a lovely day and make sure you check out Fee's post along with the others taking part here.
Much Love
Lou
x

P.S Today is the last day of my Giveaway. You can enter here if you haven't already done so! Good Luck :)

9 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! Well done:-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg luce this is soooo nice!!! :D
    im loving the nail challenge, deffo making me want to do my nails hehe xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lucy, love this nail art! I'm contact you from www.redrockfashion.com, we've been looking through your blog and we love your style. We're currently looking for some great bloggers to work with us, if you'd be interested please contact us on sophieredrock@live.com thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, its cute! :)

    Chelle x
    http://chellesbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. It reminds me of when the trees start to bloom in the spring - the second best time of the year (next to fall ;) ).

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely look :) I really like the base colour x

    josieowen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lovely. Thanks for sending me your link in the beauty blogger chat. This look is super pretty I love it and it looks as though you love nail polish as much as I do... Great blog xx

    www.misssunshinesparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never seen this before, it's absolutely gorgeous!

    Kate x

    ReplyDelete